freebsd7, radeon, xorg-server -> deadlock or so

Oliver Pinter oliver.pntr at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 23:24:38 UTC 2010

Hi all!

After updated the xorg* and dri* and dependency, the system going to
deadlock at second start of xserver. I think it is not an uniqe issue,
as others wrote them at freebsd-x11:
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-x11/2010-February/009370.html

The symptoms:
* independent from enabled or disabled DRI or GLX, first I think, this
is the error, but not
* the system going to deadlock state
* no coredumps of xorgs
* no panic, but the system is unusuable
* independent from the driver: probed the radeon and radeonhd driver
* independent from the WITHOUT_NOUVEAU or WITH_NOUVEAU compile options
(make.conf)
* the system is: FreeBSD peonia.teteny.bme.hu 7.3-PRERELEASE FreeBSD
7.3-PRERELEASE #29 r203612+fa83fdf: Mon Feb  8 02:11:08 CET 2010
root at peonia.teteny.bme.hu:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/stable  amd64