messages output starts getting interleaved

Vasyl Samoilov mail at vas.org.ua
Thu Feb 4 22:22:13 UTC 2010

04.02.2010 18:07, Oliver Fromme написав(ла):
> Vasyl Samoilov<mail at vas.org.ua>  wrote:
>   >  After migrating to 8.0-STABLE from 7.2-STABLE my messages output starts
>   >  getting interleaved (see below). I'm running amd64 smp kernel. Is there
>   >  anything can be done to get rid of this? Thanks in advance.
>
> Do you have the following line in your kernel configuration?
> (It's in GENERIC by default.)
>
>     options   PRINTF_BUFR_SIZE=128
>
> It mitigates the problem, but doesn't solve it completely.
>
> Best regards
>     Oliver

Yes, I do, but the problem seems to be somewhere else. It seems that
this garbage in /var/log/messages comes in only when isc-dhcpd is
starting. It's always some message from "kernel" with garbage in between
dhcpd messages on every reboot - it shouldn't be there.

 >uname -a
FreeBSD tiger.local.domain 8.0-STABLE FreeBSD 8.0-STABLE #1: Tue Feb 2
10:04:02 EET 2010 vas at tiger.local.domain:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC amd64

 >cat /usr/src/sys/amd64/conf/GENERIC | grep PRINTF_BUFR_SIZE
options PRINTF_BUFR_SIZE=128 # Prevent printf output being interspersed.

 >pkg_info | grep dhcp
isc-dhcp31-server-3.1.3 The ISC Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol server