8-STABLE outgoing scp stalling frequently.

Pete French petefrench at ticketswitch.com
Tue Feb 2 21:16:11 UTC 2010

> I run a similar network setup at home, and am unable to replicate your
> experience regardless which host is being copied to/from.  Perhaps you have
> a more specific issue eg nic driver ?

I missed the start of this thread, but I have also seen scp stalling
on 8-STABLE, except in my case it as inbound ... i.e. uploading to
the FreeBSd machine. The client was scp on OSX, though I also saw the
same issue with rsync, leading me to belve taht the problem lies
somewhere in ssh.

In the end I just used NFS and didn't worry too much about it, but
just a "me too" to show it's not just the OP. Mu machines were also
directly connected to the same switch on the same ether.

-pete.