installworld: check your date/time - Installworld NOT possible...

Chris H chris# at 1command.com
Fri Dec 31 00:31:45 UTC 2010

Greetings,
 I've spent the morning grooming a fresh kernel on a freshly installed
8.1 amd64, from the DVD. I cvsup'd src && ports last night.
Build world && kernel && installkernel went as anticipated.
HOWEVER, a reboot to single user, followed by a mergemaster -p, followed by
cd /usr/src && make installworld, returned:
"/usr/src/Makefile", line 177: check your date/time: <current date and time here>

WTF? Should I simply comment lines 174-178?
Why does make(1) refuse to installworld? My date and time are correct (in sync).
Any insight into this error would be GREATLY appreciated.

--Chris