unable to pwd in ZFS snapshot

Daniel Braniss danny at cs.huji.ac.il
Sun Dec 26 11:32:05 UTC 2010

> >> Setting snapdir to visible should fix this right away:
> >> # zfs set snapdir=visible tank/foo
> >>
> > it did indeed!
> > any reason why this should not be the default behaviour?
>
> Personally, I want to have the snapshot, but not see the directory otherwise so that
> it doesn't get scooped up by rsync et al inadvertently

I agree, so the point is that as usual, the solution fixes one problem by
creating
another one :-)

so basically, the bug is still there, or is it a feature?
ie:
	ls  /h/.zfs/snapshot/20101225/		works
	cd /h/.zfs/snapshot/20101225/		works
	pwd
	pwd: .: No such file or directory

btw, why use rsync if 'zfs send| zfs recv' work realy nice?

cheers,
	danny