RFC: Upgrade BIND version in RELENG_7 to BIND 9.6.x

Damien ml at my.gd
Sat Dec 18 13:56:52 UTC 2010

Hello Doug, List,

I confirm the upgrade from 94 to 96 is very minor.
I'm running several fbsd8.0 and 8.1 servers but I still have a
7.2-STABLE box here.

I just upgraded from the ports collections 9.4.4.ESV.2 to 9.6.3.ESV3
named-checkconf doesn't report any error, neither does checkzone.

I started the new named daemon successfully and can still resolve just
fine, both with recursion from localhost and without from external hosts.
Please note that I was using 94 from ports and not the base system, but
either way I haven't made a single change to my configuration files.

I am also in favor of upgrading the base system's version of BIND to 9.6.

--
Damien