DTrace (or other monitor) access to LBA of a block device

Tue Dec 7 10:51:24 UTC 2010

Quoting Andriy Gapon <avg at freebsd.org> (from Mon, 06 Dec 2010 18:08:26 +0200):

> on 06/12/2010 16:59 Alexander Leidinger said the following:
>> I do not think it is trivial. The amount of discussion around this
>> does not makes
>> me want to do a MFC.
>
> Sorry, I must have missed the discussion.
> Could you please clarify what is not trivial in this case?
> The change itself seems to be just a few lines... Are there any prerequisite
> changes, or some politics, or etc?

The few lines presented in this thread (the ctfmerge) should not be a
problem, but the big patch I did resulted in comments that the ctf*
stuff is not printed, that there are things regarding config which
should be done differently (Warner has put them on his TODO list, as
this is a generic problem and not directly related to my changes). For
-current it was not a problem, and the changes during the pid-provider
work included a little rework of the Makefile related stuff (as you
may know). So just MFCing my changes is IMHO not enough.

Bye,
Alexander.

Love tells us many things that are not so.
		-- Krainian proverb