cname replace in mail address? [off-topic] (Re: Attn Ronald Klop)

Ronald Klop ronald-freebsd8 at klop.yi.org
Fri Aug 27 09:22:12 UTC 2010

Mandatory? I'm googling, but can't find a document that declares it
mandatory and only sendmail seems to do it.
I think it is lame to use DNS info to rewrite e-mail addresses, but the
person who made it 'mandatory' will have good reasons for it.

Does somebody have a pointer to the specs about this?

Ronald.