daily run output 800.scrub-zfs fixups

Sun Aug 22 13:08:56 UTC 2010

On Sat, 21 Aug 2010 00:17:08 -0400 jhell <jhell at DataIX.net> wrote:

> Hi Alexander,
>
> Attached is a fix for one problem and one slight overlook for
> 800.scrub-zfs.
>
> The first & second change was probably just an oversight but none the
> less they both give a false impression of actions taken.
>
> Change1:
> 	${daily_scrub_zfs_default_threshold=30} is missng the ':'
> which would ultimately reset the users supplied value in
> periodic.conf to 30.

Sorry, but it is not missing the ':'. There is one in front of it. A
lot of start scripts in ports use this. You need to use a := instead of
a = if you use
  var=${var:=default_val}
but not if you use
  : ${var=default_val}

I have the impression that the ':' in front of the variable is the way
it is supposed to be in the start scripts in ports. I adopted this
style (one variable name less to type... specially with expressive
names this is some amount less to type).

And I remember to have tested a lot of cases for the timeout value,
overriding a pool specific value and overriding the default where some
of them and all worked.

If you have a case where it does not work, it would be nice if you
could add a "set -x" in the beginning of the script and send me the
output of a failing run.

Bye,
Alexander.