Soekris Sysinstall FTP & NFS Failure

Graham Menhennitt graham at menhennitt.com.au
Tue Aug 17 23:04:46 UTC 2010

On 18/08/10 05:57, Benjamin Francom wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I have a Soekris net5501, and need some assistance with the installation
> [FreeBSD 8.1].  I've configured a PXE environment with TFTP, and NFS, and I
> can boot and get into sysinstall.  After going through the initial
> configuration, slices, setting the IP address (DHCP), and proceeding with an
> FTP installation, it fails.  It's like it cannot see the ftp site.  I've

G'day Ben,

It does work - I've done it a number of times. I presume that you've
seen my guide at

http://menhennitt.com.au/wordpress/2009/07/05/installing-freebsd-on-a-soekris-net5501-using-pxe-and-dnsmasq#more-14
and Jeremy's at
  http://jdc.parodius.com/freebsd/pxeboot_serial_install_8.html

Also, there's a Soekris mailing list that often has stuff that's more
Soekris specific - http://lists.soekris.com/mailman/listinfo/soekris-tech

I seem to remember having the same problem that you're having at one
stage, but unfortunately, I can't remember the solution.

Hope this helps,
  Graham