umount -f <nfs> forces to panic

Rick Macklem rmacklem at uoguelph.ca
Sun Aug 1 01:37:12 UTC 2010

I can't help w.r.t. fixing the lockd (NLM protocol). If you
don't need locking to work across multiple clients for a given
file, you can use the "nolockd" mount option. If you need
locking on a given file to work across multiple clients, then
you could consider trying NFSv4, which does have integrated
file locking in the protocol.

I am aware that "umount -f" crashes the system and hope to
have a working "hard forced umount" implemented for 8.2.

rick