panic: vm_fault_copy_wired: page missing

Daniel Braniss danny at cs.huji.ac.il
Fri Apr 16 07:28:52 UTC 2010

> --QA3RSaXxDkY7tjDy
>
> On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 02:54:19PM +0300, Daniel Braniss wrote:
> >=20
> > > Take NFS out of the picture if you can...
> > >=20
> > I've been thinking along those lines, and Kostic is convinced
> > that the problem lies there, so I guess I'll give it a try, but
> > it's no realy a solution.
>
> Better solution is to remove mlock()/mlockall().

without binaries via NFS there is no panic.

I can't remove mlock()/mlockall() since it's not my program, it's apache
et.all.
but, while my knowledge of dtrace is almost zero, I did the next best thing
and put a printf in mlock/mlockall and they are not being called by userland.

so, it seems the problem is nfs related, calling in the heavy-weights,
hi rick!

danny