Linux static linked ver doesn't work on FBSD (Re: How to reproduce: Re: Only 70% of theoretical peak performance on FreeBSD 8/amd64, Corei7 920)

Maho NAKATA chat95 at mac.com
Thu Apr 15 05:26:39 UTC 2010

From: Pieter de Goeje <pieter at degoeje.nl>
Subject: Re: How to reproduce: Re: Only 70% of theoretical peak performance on FreeBSD 8/amd64, Corei7 920
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 16:05:18 +0200

> I think the best test would be to run a statically compiled linux binary on
> FreeBSD. That way the compiler settings are exactly the same.

It is not possible for Linux amd64 binary to run on FreeBSD amd64,
...and not i386 version neither. GotoBLAS uses special systeml call.

% ./dgemm
linux_sys_futex: unknown op 265
linux: pid 1264 (dgemm): syscall mbind not implemented
n: 3000
^C
just halt.
-- Nakata Maho http://accc.riken.jp/maho/ , JA OOO http://ja.openoffice.org/