FreeBSD 7.2-STABLE boot freeze when calibrating clock.

Andriy Gapon avg at icyb.net.ua
Wed Sep 23 13:05:49 UTC 2009

on 23/09/2009 15:47 kama said the following:
> g24# nm -A /boot/kernel/* | fgrep AcpiDmDumpMethodInfo
> /boot/kernel/acpi.ko:         U AcpiDmDumpMethodInfo
> /boot/kernel/acpi.ko.symbols:         U AcpiDmDumpMethodInfo

So this is what I was talking about - this symbol should not be undefined after
normal build. This symbol should not be present and referenced at all unless
ACPI_DISASSEMBLER is defined.
This is clearly a build problem of some sort.

> Just adding 'device acpi' into the generic kernel made it boot
> successfully. (without KDB DDB ACPI_DEBUG)

I am glad that this worked :)

> Here are the outputfiles suggested from the webpage:
>
> http://fbsd-err.pvp.se/acpidump_acpi_compiled.asl
> http://fbsd-err.pvp.se/dmesg_acpi_compiled.txt
> http://fbsd-err.pvp.se/sysctl_acpi_compiled.txt

This doesn't make it nay clearer why you get that build problem.

--
Andriy Gapon