7.2-release/amd64: panic, spin lock held too long

Dan Naumov dan.naumov at gmail.com
Sat Sep 19 09:04:06 UTC 2009

On Fri, Sep 18, 2009 at 2:25 PM, C. C. Tang <hiyorin at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> But these are with the last patch I posted in?
>>> (specifically, for 7.2:
>>> http://www.freebsd.org/~attilio/sched_ule.diff
>>> )
>>>
>>> So with the patch in, powerd and hyperthreading on you still get a
>>> deadlock?
>>>
>>> Attilio
>>>

> I have patched the sched_ule.c and did a make buildkernel & make
> installkernel (is buildworld and installworld necessary?), rebooted and the
> machine is running now.
> I will post here again if there is any update.

Considering we are at RC1 right now, is there any chance this patch
makes it into 8.0 release if the patch fixes the issue and doesn't
cause any regressions? Unfortunately I can't test it myself right now,
so I have to rely on other people experiencing the same issue to see
if the patch fixes it.

- Dan