SASL problems with spnego on 8.0-BETA4

Rick Macklem rmacklem at uoguelph.ca
Fri Sep 18 16:17:20 UTC 2009

On Fri, 18 Sep 2009, John Marshall wrote:

> On Thu, 17 Sep 2009, 21:28 +0300, George Mamalakis wrote:
>> Dear all,
>>
>> I am trying to setup ldap with heimdal on my fbsd 8.0-BETA4 and when I
>> run ldapsearch to see if I can authenticate via GSSAPI I keep getting
>> the following error:
>>
>> [root at ldap root]# ldapsearch  -H "ldap://ldap.example.com/" -b
>> "dc=example,dc=com"
>> SASL/GSSAPI authentication started
>> dlopen: /usr/lib/libgssapi_spnego.so.10: Undefined symbol
>> "GSS_C_NT_HOSTBASED_SERVICE"
>> ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: Local error (-2)

GSS_C_NT_HOSTBASED_SERVICE is defined in gss_names.o in libgssapi.

I don't know diddly about ldap (like a lot of the stuff I've been
posting w.r.t. lately, it seems:-), but maybe an extra "-lgssapi"
at the end of the libraries list for the Makefile, might help?
(ie. I'm guessing that maybe gss_names.o doesn't get pulled out
of libgssapi, since nothing that comes before it uses any of the
globals in it and -lgssapi_spnego is listed after it.)

One difference between the vanilla Heimdal and the one in FreeBSD
is where the globals live in the libraries.

Just a shot in the dark, rick