amavisd-new port "updates" configuration files

Mikael Bak mikael at t-online.hu
Thu Sep 17 10:38:30 UTC 2009

Hi list,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask about this.

Yesterday I upgraded amavisd-new with portupgrade.
The upgrade went fine but when I started amavisd-new it didn't behave
quite as I had expected.

It turned out that the upgrade had deleted my version of
/usr/local/etc/amavisd.conf with a default configuration file, quite
useless to me.

Fortunately I had a backup of my old config file, so no real damage. I
was surprised because I have never seen ports deleting user edited
config files before.

Is this a bug in this particular port or is this expected behaviour?

# uname -r
7.2-RELEASE-p2

Port versions:
amavisd-new-2.6.4_2,1