problem with link aggregation failover

Maciej Jan Broniarz gausus at gausus.net
Sat Sep 12 20:42:30 UTC 2009

Hello,

I am trying to configure lagg failover mode on 7.2.

I do:

# ifconfig xl0 up
# ifconfig fxp0 up
# ifconfig lagg0 create
# ifconfig lagg0 up laggproto failover laggport xl0 laggport fxp0
# dhclient lagg0

And all seems to work ok. Still I disconnect the cable from the master card the connection stops.
Although fxp0 becomes active the connection is still dead. If I start pinging any host from that machine
the conection comes back to live, but having ping in background all the time is not the solution.

Am I doing something wrong or have I missed something in the configuration?

Best regards,
mjb