Detecting CPU throttling on over temperature

Thierry Thomas thierry at FreeBSD.org
Wed Sep 9 17:15:40 UTC 2009

Le Mar  8 sep 09 à 14:39:36 +0200, Daniel O'Connor <doconnor at gsoft.com.au>
 écrivait :
> Hi,
> I recently discovered a system where the floppy drive cable was
> intermittently fouling the CPU fan - I believe this caused the CPU to
> overheat and then get throttled by the BIOS.
>
> Does anyone know if it is possible to determine if this is the case? ie
> is there a way to be informed if throttling has occurred?

Have you tried the ports sysutils/lmmon and sysutils/wmlmmon?

Some others exist under /usr/ports/sysutils, but I don't use them.

Regards,
--
Th. Thomas.