UVNC Repeater

Michal michal at sharescope.co.uk
Wed Oct 14 15:01:26 UTC 2009

Good afternoon,

I am having a few niggly problems setting up a VNC repeater on my
FreeBSD box and I am finding it very hard to find any information
anywhere. I freshly installed FreeBSD on the box today and updated ports
and system. I then make && make build && make install
/usr/ports/net/repeater/ and made a few customer modifications to the
uvncrepeater.ini script, I supplied it bellow.

I also set-up the UVNC single click app, it was very simple while I
testing, also supplied bellow. When I run the listener on my PC, I see
these errors in the repeater.log file (please note IP address's have
been changed, but they are public)

UltraVnc Wed Oct 14 15:29:30 2009 > acceptConnection(): connection
accepted ok from ip: 1.2.3.4
UltraVnc Wed Oct 14 15:29:31 2009 > findServerList(): server not found
(code = 7001)

So when my tester outside my network starts the single click and tries
to connect, it just fails. Has anyone seen this, or point me in the
right direction?? Many Thanks
Chris

helpdesk.txt (for singleclick.exe)
-----------------------------------
[TITLE]
           UltraVnc SC

[HOST]
Internet support
-connect 1.2.3.10:5500 -noregistry -id 7001

uvncrepeater.ini
----------------
[general]
;Ports
viewerport = 5900
serverport = 5500

;Repeater's own ip address in case your server happens to have several
;ip addresses (for example, one physical machine running several virtual
;machines each having their own ip address)
;default (0.0.0.0 = INADDR_ANY = uses all addresses) is the same that
;older repeater versions (before 0.12) did --> listens to all interfaces
;Notice ! This IS NOT address of server or viewer, but repeater itself !
ownipaddress = 1.2.3.10

;How many sessions can we have active at the same time ?
;values can be [1...1000]
;Notice: If you actually *have* computer(s) capable
;of 1000 simultaneous sessions, you are probably a *very big company*,
;so please invite me to visit and admire your server(s) ;-)
maxsessions = 100

;If program is started as root (to allow binding ports below 1024),
;it changes to this user after ports have been bound in startup
;You need to create a suitable (normal, non-privileged) user/group and
change name here
runasuser = uvncrep

;Allowed modes for repeater
;0=None, 1=Only Mode 1, 2=Only Mode 2, 3=Both modes
;Notice: If you set allowedmodes = 0, repeater will run without
listening to any ports,
;it will just wait for your ctlr + c ;-)
allowedmodes = 3

;Logging level
;0 = Very little (fatal() messages, relaying done)
;1 = 0 + Important messages + Connections opened / closed
;2 = 1 + Ini values + exceptions in logic flow
;3 = 2 + Everything else (very detailed and exhaustive logging == BIG
log files)
logginglevel = 2

[mode1]
;0=All
allowedmode1serverport = 0

;0=Allow connections to all server addressess,
;1=Require that server address (or range of addresses) is listed in
;srvListAllow[0]...srvListAllow[SERVERS_LIST_SIZE-1]
requirelistedserver = 0

;List of allowed server addresses / ranges
;Ranges can be defined by setting corresponding number to 0, e.g.
10.0.0.0 allows all addresses 10.x.x.x
;Address 255.255.255.255 (default) does not allow any connections
;Address 0.0.0.0 allows all connections
;Only IP addresses can be used here, not DNS names
;There can be max SERVERS_LIST_SIZE (default 50) srvListAllow lines
srvListAllow0 = 10.0.0.0        ;Allow network 10.x.x.x
srvListAllow1 = 192.168.0.0     ;Allow network 192.168.x.x

;List of denied server addresses / ranges
;Ranges can be defined by setting corresponding number to 0, e.g.
10.0.0.0 denies all addresses 10.x.x.x
;Address 255.255.255.255 (default) does not deny any connections
;Address 0.0.0.0 denies all connections
;Only IP addresses can be used here, not DNS names
;If addresss/range is both allowed and denied, it will be denied (deny
is stronger)
;There can be max SERVERS_LIST_SIZE (default 50) srvListDeny lines
srvListDeny0 = 10.0.0.0         ;Deny network 10.x.x.x
srvListDeny1 = 192.168.2.22     ;Deny host 192.168.2.22

[mode2]
;0=Allow all IDs, 1=Allow only IDs listed in
idList[0]...idList[ID_LIST_SIZE-1]
requirelistedid = 0

;List of allowed ID: numbers
;Value 0 means "this authenticates negatively"
;If value is not listed, default is 0
;Values should be between [1...LONG_MAX-1]
;There can be max ID_LIST_SIZE (default 100) idList lines
idlist0 = 7000
idlist1 = 7001
idlist2 = 7002
idlist3 = 7003
idlist4 = 7004
idlist5 = 7005
idlist6 = 7006
idlist7 = 7007
idlist8 = 7008
idlist9 = 7009

[eventinterface]
;Use event interface (for reporting repeater events to outside world) ?
;This could be used to send email, write webpage, update database etc.
;Possible values: true/false
useeventinterface = false

;Hostname/Ip address  + port of event listener we send events to
eventlistenerhost = localhost
eventlistenerport = 2002

;Make HTTP/1.0 GET request to event listener (instead of normal write dump)
;Somebody wanted this for making a PHP event listener
usehttp = false