8.0-RC1 ZFS-root installscript

Philipp Wuensche cryx-freebsd at h3q.com
Fri Oct 9 16:11:44 UTC 2009

Arnaud Houdelette wrote:

> Tried on QEMU (with kvm) : Works OK with mirror.
> Fails to boot with ZFS : missing fragments ( kvm BIOS sees all 3 drives
> ). Should we not use the raidz patch which was proposed on the list ?

Any pointer to that? I thought this patch is already integrated with
8.0-RC1.

> And why the raidz setup got the system on root fs. is it mandatory ?

This is what I need to test, there where some problems with having the
rootfs in a seperate filesystem afair. But I'm not sure. You could edit
the script and try out. Would be very interested in your findings as I
have no testhardware at the moment.

greetings,
philipp