Phoronix Benchmarks: Waht's wrong with FreeBSD 8.0?

Bruce Cran bruce at cran.org.uk
Mon Nov 30 11:29:45 UTC 2009

On Mon, 30 Nov 2009 01:43:15 -0800
Jeremy Chadwick <freebsd at jdc.parodius.com> wrote:

> I haven't looked at the Phoronix Test Suite[1], which is what's being
> used for testing "threaded I/O".  I don't understand what "threaded
> I/O" means in this context; I'm assuming it means making a separate
> LWP for each I/O transaction, e.g. multiple LWPs for I/O (within a
> single program).  Some technical details of the implementation/test
> methodology would need to be provided for someone to assist in
> tracking down the problem.

I've found the benchmark it's using: it runs tiobench from
http://sourceforge.net/projects/tiobench/ with the parameters

-f 16, 64, 128, 256
-t 4, 8, 16, 32

It's another project that for some reason doesn't produce releases -
the last version was back in 2002. If someone's re-running the
benchmark it might be better to use the version from cvs.

--
Bruce Cran