problem with freebsd-update on 8.0

Maciej Jan Broniarz gausus at gausus.net
Sat Nov 28 15:41:08 UTC 2009

Hello,

I am trying to upgrade my servers to 8.0-STABLE. All my three machines
run 8.0-PRELEASE. On two of them freebsd-update upgrade went well,
still on the third one I ran into problems:

# freebsd-update upgrade -r 8.0-RELEASE
Looking up update.FreeBSD.org mirrors... 3 mirrors found.
Fetching metadata signature for 8.0-PRERELEASE from
update5.FreeBSD.org... failed.
Fetching metadata signature for 8.0-PRERELEASE from
update4.FreeBSD.org... failed.
Fetching metadata signature for 8.0-PRERELEASE from
update2.FreeBSD.org... failed.

What might be the issue? Network is configured correctly and I have
network conectivity. I am able to for eg. run a cvsup update or install
a package via pkg_add -r. Still, freebsd-update doesnt work.

Thanks for any help,

Regards,
mjb