PUC Serial I/O problem - copy of gnats-filed bug report (as discussed previously)

Jeremy Chadwick freebsd at jdc.parodius.com
Fri Nov 27 19:03:20 UTC 2009

On Fri, Nov 27, 2009 at 12:54:17PM -0600, Karl Denninger wrote:
> For what its worth, USB-based serial adapters also fail in the same way,
> but faster (they have NEVER been reliable in this regard, and this
> hasn't improved)

There must be a regression of some kind, given that some FreeBSD
developers have stated in the past that FTDI-based USB serial adapters
work great:

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-stable/2008-March/041615.html

Original thread:

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-stable/2008-March/041610.html