5.5-STABLE to 88.0-RELEASE

Marco van Tol marco at tols.org
Thu Nov 26 22:56:02 UTC 2009

On Fri, Nov 27, 2009 at 05:43:23AM +0900, Randy Bush wrote:

[... suggestions and advise upgrading 5.5 to 88^H ...]

> perhaps the section labeled "To upgrade in-place from 5.x-stable to
> current" should be edited or removed from /usr/src/UPDATING. :)

That's something I found curious as well. ;-)

My vote would be to update it to "the previous version" or 7.x, whichever is
most accurate and/or fits best.

If 5.x is accurate, forgive me for sending this email.

--
If you continually give, you will continually have.
- www.chinese-fortune-cookie.com