7.2 dies in zfs

Johan Hendriks Johan at double-l.nl
Sat Nov 21 19:07:40 UTC 2009

Randy Bush <randy at psg.com> wrote:
> imiho, zfs can not be called production ready if it crashes if you
> do not stand on your left leg, put your right hand in the air, and
> burn some eye of newt.

This is not a rant, but where do you read that on FreeBSD 7.2 ZFS has
been marked as production ready.
As far as i know, on FreeBSD 8.0 ZFS is called production ready.

If you boot your system it probably tell you it is still experimental.

Try running FreeBSD 7-Stable to get the latest ZFS version which on
FreeBSD is 13
On 7.2 it is still at 6 (if I remember it right).

Regards,
Johan Hendriks