[solved] Re: Re: Re: diskless - NFS root mount problem

Tim Judd tajudd at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 17:00:30 UTC 2009

On 11/18/09, Mario Pavlov <freebsd at abv.bg> wrote:
>  oh yes, I got what you meant now
> true, I used /usr from the server because I wanted to have all my ports
> available to the client. Is there a nice way to install ports only in the
> diskless distribution ?
>
> thank you.
>
> Regards
> Mario

Just like any other port you install.  you can either chroot into your
diskless root filesystem (as I have it laid out, not you), and run the
port tools.  you can also run the package management tools.  All
programs are are files on the disk, there's no local registry as in
windows to worry about.

You can even compile on the diskless client.  It just reads and writes
files to the nfs server to compile ports.

--TJ