Support for SAS/SATA non-RAID adapters

Barry Pederson bp at barryp.org
Wed Nov 18 17:37:09 UTC 2009

Gerrit Kühn wrote:
> On Wed, 18 Nov 2009 08:56:14 -0800 Freddie Cash <fjwcash at gmail.com> wrote
> about Re: Support for SAS/SATA non-RAID adapters:
>
> FC> > I installed a Supermicro AOC-USASLP-L8i card here some days ago.
> FC> > Should be even cheaper than the ones you mentioned and comes with a
> FC> > LSI chip supported by mpt driver:
>

> I guess the version of the card I have here was actually intended to be
> used in some kind of special Supermirco-Extension Slot. However, it fits
> into a standard PCIe slot and works nicely there as far as I can tell.
> Do you have the opportunity of using a riser card that would give you one
> more slot?

Those Supermicro UIO cards look like backwards PCIe cards.  Do they come
with other brackets for fitting into a PCIe slot, or did you have to go
bracketless?

The online manual at

   http://www.supermicro.com/manuals/other/AOC-USASLP-L8i.pdf

didn't mention anything about brackets or how it'd work in PCIe slots.

	Barry