Support for SAS/SATA non-RAID adapters

Rink Springer rink at FreeBSD.org
Wed Nov 18 07:43:30 UTC 2009

On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 08:38:21PM -0800, Freddie Cash wrote:
> I've also found a couple of Areca cards (PCI-X, non-RAID/PCIe RAID),
> and have heard good things about Areca support in FreeBSD.  Any
> comments on their quality/performance/reliability?

I have got an Areca ARC-1110 4x SATA2 PCI-X card in my server, and I'm
quite impressed with the performance; these cards do very well in terms
I/O operations per second and the driver has been rock solid for me. The
only downside is that they are quite expensive (but well worth it, IMO)

Regards,

--
Rink P.W. Springer                                - http://rink.nu
"Beauty often seduces us on the road to truth."