8.0-rc2 dropped hardwaresupport

Marten Vijn info at martenvijn.nl
Tue Nov 17 20:02:52 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-11-12 at 13:07 -0500, Larry Baird wrote:
> Marten,
>
> > I did some more testing, and I made an error on the ALIX 1C since it
> > does boot but it hangs on devd....
>
> > but for WRAP 1C and 2E:
> >
> > PC Engines WRAP.2B/2C v1.11
> > 640 KB Base Memory
> > 130048 KB Extended Memory
> >
> > 01F0 Master 044A CF CARD 2GB
> > Phys C/H/S 3909/16/63 Log C/H/S 977/64/63
> >
> > 1  FreeBSD
> > 2  FreeBSD
> >
> > F6 PXE
> > Boot:  1 ########
> >
> > Here it ends....
> >
> > Would you recommend to downgrade the bios? I have version 1.11 on all
> > boards.
> The 0.99h BIOS is for ALIX boards. I am running v1.11 on my WRAP boards.
> 	PC Engines WRAP.1C/1D/1E v1.11
> 	640 KB Base Memory
> 	130048 KB Extended Memory
>
> Looking at your geometry, I would recommend verifing that the BIOS is set
> for LBA mode (not CHS).  If you change mode, you will probably need to
> reinstall FreeBSD.

Thanks for your input,

I seems NanoBSD specific, while I have been trying different disk
geometrics and multiple cf-cards on NanoBSD I was not succesfull yet.

With TinyBSD and mfsBSD I am able to create bootable images, for WRAP 1C
and 2E.

If I find a solution for NanoBSD, I 'll post it,

thanks,
Marten

--
http://www.voedselbankleiden.nl needs your help!