whats best pracfive for ZFS on a whole disc these days ?

Stefan Bethke stb at lassitu.de
Sat Nov 14 22:43:08 UTC 2009

Am 28.10.2009 um 01:41 schrieb Daniel O'Connor:

> On Wed, 28 Oct 2009, jfarmer at goldsword.com wrote:
>> Check the archives for stable@ and fs at .  I believe that there was a
>> thread not that long ago detailing exactly how to do that.  IIRC,
>> while it took a bit of work, it wasn't difficult.
>
> Hmm do you have any idea what the subject was? I'm having trouble
> finding it :(

If you still need it, it was "ZFS pool corrupted on upgrade of -current (probably sata  renaming)" on -current back in July.  You probably need to read the full thread, and there are some caveats, but it's sometimes possible to glabel each device/partion, and zpool replace the original device/partition with the labelled one online.

HTH,
STefan

--
Stefan Bethke <stb at lassitu.de>   Fon +49 151 14070811