Fwd: hald running 100%

M. Vale maurovale at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 15:40:34 UTC 2009

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: M. Vale <maurovale at gmail.com>
Date: 2009/11/13
Subject: Re: hald running 100%
To: Dan Langille <dan at langille.org>

2009/11/13 Dan Langille <dan at langille.org>

Adam Vande More wrote:

>> On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 7:59 PM, Dan Langille <dan at langille.org <mailto:
>> dan at langille.org>> wrote:

>>    After upgrading to 8.0-PRERELEASE today, I'm seeing hald at 100% on
>> both
>>    my laptop and my desktop:
>>

>>     PID USERNAME  THR PRI NICE   SIZE    RES STATE  C   TIME   WCPU
>> COMMAND
>>    1500 haldaemon   1 118    0 22944K  4904K CPU1   1 107:44 100.00% hald
>>
>>    uptime was about 1:50 at this point.
>>
>>    Seems to be relatively common from the posts I've seen.
>>

>>    ThinkPad X61s.  dmesg output attached.  FWIW.
>>

>> it's not a common issue anymore.  What version of hal are you running and
>> did you recompile after the upgrade?
>>

> I don't know the version (laptop is not available just now) but I will
> recompile.  That's the next task.  Thanks.

Hi Dan, I've found the problem.

The problem is that FreeBSD 7.x installs libusb but in 8.0 libusb is already
in the kernel and hald behaves badly don't know why.

But i've removed the port libusb from my system, recompiled hald and now
everything works ok :)

Best Regards

Mauro V.

Edit: Ups forgot to add cc to FreeBSD Stable