82573 xfers pause, no watchdog timeouts, DCGDIS ineffective (7.2-R)

Royce Williams royce.williams at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 02:57:00 UTC 2009

On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 2:18 PM, Royce Williams
<royce.williams at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 11:47 AM, Jeremy Chadwick
>> - All machines connected to an HP ProCurve 2626 switch (100mbit,
>>  full-duplex ports, all autoneg).

> No firewall is active on the problem system, and none of this back
> have been DCGDIS-ified, but otherwise, our setup is identical.

Er, s/back/batch/g, and it's not a ProCurve. ;-)  But we are also
usually full-duplex and autoneg on both sides.

Based on new (embarrassing) information, I'll leave it to Jack to
decide whether or not he wants to pursue this further.

The problem box is sitting in my grotty mini-lab, with a subnet
partially serviced by a 10M hub.  Guess which Ethernet cable I picked
up.  Guess what happens when I move the system to a 100M/full
connection.

As my cow-orker put it, "You and the other four people on Earth using
that NIC on 10M hubs" can probably find workarounds.  My apologies for
the noise, though it's theoretically possible that the root cause
might still need addressing.

Jack, let me know if you want me to do any testing for you.  Or I can
always send you my hub. ;-)

Royce