8.0-rc2 dropped hardwaresupport

Larry Baird lab at gta.com
Thu Nov 12 18:07:45 UTC 2009

Marten,

> I did some more testing, and I made an error on the ALIX 1C since it
> does boot but it hangs on devd....

> but for WRAP 1C and 2E:
>
> PC Engines WRAP.2B/2C v1.11
> 640 KB Base Memory
> 130048 KB Extended Memory
>
> 01F0 Master 044A CF CARD 2GB
> Phys C/H/S 3909/16/63 Log C/H/S 977/64/63
>
> 1  FreeBSD
> 2  FreeBSD
>
> F6 PXE
> Boot:  1 ########
>
> Here it ends....
>
> Would you recommend to downgrade the bios? I have version 1.11 on all
> boards.
The 0.99h BIOS is for ALIX boards. I am running v1.11 on my WRAP boards.
	PC Engines WRAP.1C/1D/1E v1.11
	640 KB Base Memory
	130048 KB Extended Memory

Looking at your geometry, I would recommend verifing that the BIOS is set
for LBA mode (not CHS).  If you change mode, you will probably need to
reinstall FreeBSD.

Larry