Problems moving hostapd AP config from 6.4 to 8.0RC2

Geoff Roberts geoff at apro.com.au
Thu Nov 12 13:02:14 UTC 2009

Hi Sam,

On Thu, 12 Nov 2009 03:53:17 pm Sam Leffler wrote:
> Setting HOSTAPD_CFLAGS directly is the intended mechanism.  EAP_SERVER
> is the important one to define; past that you're just adding in some of
> the more esoteric mechanisms.  I should probably enable it by default
> (it comes setup out of the box to do only WPA-PSK).

Making a tunable that defaults to enabled sounds logical as the example files
have references to it. However I can understand the concern in doing
something different to the "shrink wrapped" edition :)

It would possibly make a sensible companion setting for WPA_SUPPLICANT_EAPOL -
HOSTAPD_EAP?

Kind regards,

Geoff

--