hardware for 8.0

Zoran Kolic zkolic at sbb.rs
Sat Nov 7 06:14:18 UTC 2009

Howdy!
I have a plan to build new box at time, when
8.0 release will come up. Would be fine to
have opinions on the list, what to buy, to
fully implement it to desktop node.
My idea is to get some 4 core phenom II cpu,
with not expensive mobo. Another dilema is
the graphical card. At this moment I have agp
version of nvidia 6200, fanless, that manages
just fine. Something similar on pci-e, not
fancy, 2D. I'm really puzzled should it be amd
or nvidia with newest am3 mobos.
And the last, ethernet port on the mobo was the
problem on my present k8n. After introduction
of nfe driver all is fine. If recommended card
has not working port, what to buy separately?
As you already guessed, I don't want to spend a
little fortune for this node. Decent, but not
expensive, that's it.
Best regards

                           Zoran