on 'btxld: zfsboot.ldr: Invalid argument' again

Andriy Gapon avg at icyb.net.ua
Wed May 27 14:11:35 UTC 2009

So I have LOADER_ZFS_SUPPORT=yes in make.conf, building the most recent stable/7
and I am getting:
btxld -v -E 0x2000 -f bin -b /usr/obj/usr/src/sys/boot/i386/zfsboot/../btx/btx/btx
-l zfsboot.ldr  -o zfsboot.ld -P 1 zfsboot.bin
btxld: zfsboot.ldr: Invalid argument

The problem seems to be that /usr/bin/btxld can not properly
handle '-l zfsboot.ldr.'
On the other hand, freshly built btxld in /usr/obj can handle it very well.
So I worked around this by making a small temporary hack in zfsboot/Makefile.

But what is the proper solution for such source upgrade scenarios?

--
Andriy Gapon