Boot panic w/7.2-STABLE on amd64: resource_list_alloc

Bruce Simpson bms at incunabulum.net
Sat May 16 08:21:51 UTC 2009

John Baldwin wrote:
> Sounds like the ATA driver is allocating the same BAR twice.  Hmm, yes, it
> allocates the resources once for each channel it seems in the ata_ali_sata
> attachment.  Looking in ata-chipset.c, all the other chipsets are good about
> allocating these resources in their chipinit routines rather than the
> per-channel allocate routine.  Well, except ata_pci_allocate() is also
> busted.  *sigh*  I can work on a patch for HEAD if you are willing to test.

Yes, ata is gnarly in places...

If a fix can be dropped straight into a 7.2 tree, then that is even
better... I could try testing a NanoBSD image of HEAD on this machine if
the change set delta between branches is sufficiently huge to prevent
backporting the fix; this is my desktop machine and this is the only
critical bug I've run into so far with 7.2.

thanks,
BMS