kern/130330: [mpt] [panic] Panic and reboot machine MPT ...

Riccardo Torrini riccardo.torrini at esaote.com
Tue May 12 15:20:17 UTC 2009

On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 02:07:19PM -0400, John Baldwin wrote:

> Do you have kernel crashdumps enabled and a swap partition?
> If so, do you happen to have any files in /var/crash?

Yes, but I'm unable to produce a crash dump  :-(
Tryed even with voodoo, added and removed options to
kernel (kdb, gdb, ddb, invariants, ...).  Instead of
going to db> now it panic-and-freeze with:

cpuid = 0
Uptime: 2m16s
panic: _mtx_lock_sleep: recursed on non-recursive mutex \
	mpt @ /usr/src/sys/cam/cam_periph.h:182

(above lines get repeated a lot with same uptime, then freeze)

Still trying other combinations...

--
Riccardo.