powerd broken

Dominic Fandrey kamikaze at bsdforen.de
Sat Mar 28 16:00:21 PDT 2009

Since I updated to the 7.2 prerelease, powerd is broken.

> uname -a
FreeBSD mobileKamikaze.norad 7.2-PRERELEASE FreeBSD 7.2-PRERELEASE #0: Tue Mar 24 07:57:30 CET 2009     root at mobileKamikaze.norad:/usr/obj/HP6510b/amd64/usr/src/sys/HP6510b  amd64

It increases the CPU frequency very aggressively in adaptive mode.
That means full speed with a system load below 1%. I have to use the
following nonsensical powerd_flags to make it work sensibly:
-a adaptive -b minimum -i 95 -r 99

The system is a Core2 Duo, if that is of any help.