support quality (Re: dump | restore fails: unknown tape header type 1853384566)

Bartosz Stec admin at kkip.pl
Wed Mar 25 01:31:56 PDT 2009

> Yes, dump is broken for you, deal with it. It is quite possible your FS is
> corrupt, and/or your disk is damaged.

..and/or it is some other hardware problem, maybe you also should test
your memory with memtest or something similiar? I'm using dump/restore
very frequently and I had never seen such problem. Neither on -RELAESE,
-STABLE, nor -CURRENT.
So I think you should make sure that your problem is not
hardware/filesystem dependent before you point dump/restore as a couse
of the problem. Peter Jeremy already gives you good hints to do that.

--
Bartosz Stec.