Is some combination of gmirror, md file systems, snapshots and, maybe, quotas considered harmful?

Scott Lambert lambert at lambertfam.org
Sun Mar 22 22:36:32 PDT 2009

On Sun, Mar 22, 2009 at 06:03:54PM +0000, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/developers-handbook/kerneldebug.html

I guess that means, "We are not aware of issues with any combinations
of the features in the Subject: at this time.  Please recompile your
kernel with debugging options so you can figure out what is going on
next time."

I'm going to guess the Debugging Deadlocks section is what you mostly
want since the kernel does not panic.

I think I better remove the /home disk from AMANDA's list while I try
to figure out how to accomplish what I think you want on a production
server.

lambert at lambertfam.org