gemor mirror and priority

Pete French petefrench at ticketswitch.com
Sun Mar 22 07:58:03 PDT 2009

> I did this for 2-3 years and it has worked very well. Of course I took
> care of using the right priorities from the start. This setup has now
> been replaced by a ZFS mirror. The resilver time is just so much better :)

How do you find ZFS performance in an asymetric mirror, and does it
seem to cope OK if the remote disc fails ? One of the reaons I have stuck
with gmirror is that it seems extremely tolerant to having one of the
drives vanish from underneath it (as sometimes happens with a remote disc).
When I experimented doing this with ZFS I found that it did not work well
at all (lock ups until the disc I had taken away came back).

-pete.