[HEADS UP] drm merged to -STABLE

Robert Noland rnoland at FreeBSD.org
Wed Mar 18 19:22:55 PDT 2009

On Wed, 2009-03-18 at 18:18 -0500, Greg Rivers wrote:
> On Wed, 18 Mar 2009, Robert Noland wrote:

> >> Unfortunately, there is no noticeable difference with this patch.

> >> Yes, this is a PCIEx16 card in a HP Compaq dc7600 desktop PC, not a
> >> motherboard integrated adapter.
> >>
> >> Thanks for your help.  I'm willing to spend some time debugging this;
> >> please let me know if there's more information I can provide or other
> >> tests or patches I can try.
> >
> > Ok, try this patch... I asked the folks from AMD and they agree that
> > this shouldn't be needed on an RV370, but we will give it a try... This
> > is what fixed the garbled display on the IGP chips.
> >

> The display is still garbled with this patch too.
>
> I'm curious about why the drm driver calls this card a RV370, while pciconf
> and the X server call it a RV380:
>  	pciconf: "RV380 RADEON X600 Series 265MB"

I'm not sure where pciconf gets it's data.  I would actaully like to
look at that.

>  	X server: "ATI Technologies Inc RV380 [Radeon X600 (PCIE)]"

This comes from /usr/local/share/pciids/pci.ids

>  	drm driver: "ATI Radeon RV370 X600 Pro"

This comes from drm's own internal tables. (drm_pciids.h)

> Could it be that the drm driver has the wrong chip set or configuration for
> this PCI ID?

I don't think so, all of those should be about the same.

Ok, so it isn't the gart caching... Can you get me a pointer to a
screenshot?  What is garbled exactly?  Is the damage constrained to
specific windows or it it the entire framebuffer?

robert.

--
Robert Noland <rnoland at FreeBSD.org>
FreeBSD