NICs locking up, "*tcp_sc_h"

Mikolaj Golub to.my.trociny at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 08:47:34 PDT 2009

On Fri, 13 Mar 2009 20:56:24 +1100 Nick Withers wrote:

> I'm sorry to ask what is probably a very simple question, but is there
> somewhere I should look to get clues on debugging from a manually
> generated dump? I tried "panic" after manually envoking the kernel
> debugger but proved highly inept at getting from the dump the same
> information "ps" / "where" gave me within the debugger live.

You can capture ddb session in capture buffer and then extract it from the
dump. In ddb run

capture on

do your debugging

then run "panic" or "call doadump" and after reboot:

ddb capture -M /var/crash/vmcore.X print > out

I would recommend to increase debug.ddb.capture.bufsize sysctl variable to be
sure all the ddb session will be captured.

--
Mikolaj Golub