Tester wanted for multipath failover iSCSI target software

Pete French petefrench at ticketswitch.com
Thu Mar 12 06:09:04 PDT 2009

> I have tested "net/istgt" for couple of days with Windows XP and it
> works more reliable than NetBSD "net/iscsi-target".
> With NetBSD implementation sometimes I lost partition filesystem
> information after disconnecting server from network or rebooting my
> computer.

I am just trying it against the latest FreeBSD initiator. One thing I
have noticed compared to the netbsd target is that it appears to have
somewhat higer performance. cerrainly the speed that gstat says data is
comming off the disc during a scrub is faster than with iscsi_target.

On the other hand I have got some errors that I am trying to get to the
bottom of. I set up a zpool laast night on a remote disc using the
netbsd initiator and copied about 50 gig of data to it as lots of small
files. I then switched to the istgt initiator this morning and am running
a scrub on the pool. But it is telling me that there are a sigificant number
of errors on the disc, which I wasnt expecting. I am now trying to find
out if that is due to write errors using the taret last night, or read errors
with the new target this morning.

BTW, is there any way to get istgt to accept connections without needing to
specify the initator string ? I am new to all these options for iSCSI
having only used the simple netbsd one before.

cheers,

-pete.