cd ripping to flac

Tobias Rehbein tobias.rehbein at web.de
Sat Mar 7 07:35:02 PST 2009

Am Sat, Mar 07, 2009 at 03:39:00PM +0100 schrieb Zoran Kolic:
> > audio/abcde
>
> Thank you for reply.
> As I see in Makefile, abcde uses cdparanoia as
> an engine for the job. I think I should stay
> with simple app.

Right now I'm ripping my CD collection using audio/ripit. It's a great tool, you
should have a look at it. It supports different ripping engines and encoders.
If you want you can encode into different codecs with one go.

> My thinkering was: what is the background app
> people on this list use? I consider either

Me, I'm using cdparanoia. It stumbles over mixed-mode and enhanced CDs but the
--ghost option of ripit fixes this issue.

Regards

Tobias

--
Tobias Rehbein

PGP key:         4F2AE314
    server:      keys.gnupg.net
    fingerprint: ECDA F300 1B6E 9B87 8524  8663 E8B6 3138 4F2A E314