GCC segfaulting while trying to compile latest Qt4 code

Ashish SHUKLA wahjava.ml at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 15:35:55 PST 2009

John Baldwin writes:
> On Thursday 05 March 2009 11:48:11 am Mark Atkinson wrote:
>> Ashish SHUKLA wrote:

>> > Okay, but I even tried compiling that file manually and that also
>> > resulted in segfault.

>> > I'll try running memtest86.

I've tried memtest86+ with two passes and no memory related errors are
recieved.

>> > Thanks
>>
>> I believe superpages were mfc'd to -stable as well.   I have one machine
>> that faults in gcc with this turned on.   You can try adding
>>
>> vm.pmap.pg_ps_enabled="0"
>>
>> to /boot/loader.conf, rebooting and see if that fixes the problem.  If so,
>> you might provide the list with your hardware configuration.

I booted with above line but nothing changed. Then I booted in to my old
kernel (dated January 29, 2009) with new userland, but there also I
received that segfault, so I guess this is something userspace related.

BtW, I also tried compiling deskutils/google-gadgets 0.10.5[1] port and
there too I've received similar segfault.

I'm attaching the output of 'dmesg' booted in verbose logging mode in both
the kernels. The boot.new.log contains output from booting in new
kernel, whereas boot.old.log contains output from booting in old
kernel.