ATA driver update for 7.2RELEASE available

Bruce Cran bruce at cran.org.uk
Sat Jun 27 12:44:57 UTC 2009

On Fri, 26 Jun 2009 22:11:08 +0200
Søren Schmidt <sos at deepcore.dk> wrote:

> This is a total replacement of the ATA driver, modulerized as in -
> current, but based on my WIP not from what might have happend to -
> current since I gave up maintainership.

It's great to see the driver be modularised since removing unneeded
drivers (for example, on powerpc and embedded platforms) can save
~200KB.

Could you add some documentation for the modules in /sys/conf/NOTES
please?  I looked through the sources and put together the patch for
8.0 which is avaiable at
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=kern/133162 but it sounds
like some more drivers will need to be added for 7.2.

--
Bruce Cran