Adding multiipul virtual domains?

eculp eculp at encontacto.net
Tue Jun 23 01:28:08 UTC 2009

Quoting ALLnetgroup <allnetgroup at yahoo.com>:

> I am trying to add 3 domain name accounts:
>
> domain1.com
> domain2.com
> domain3.com
>
> to FreeBSD 7.2-RELEASE sever with a Static IP the domain names are
> pointed to the server via godaddy. What do I need to do to add the
> domains to the BSD server?

You really need to be more specific.  To use the domains you will need
at least:

   o. a functional DNS for each, be it on your freebsd box or not.
   o. Probably a mail server.  Lot of options here most are in ports.
   o. A web server, probably apache or lighthttp that are both in ports.

All of these can be handled by multiple programs, none of which are
parts of the basic freebsd OS install except named, I suppose but that
is if you are running your own dns, which I somehow doubt.

Why don't you try reading the FreeBSD handbook that will answer most
of what I mentioned.
      http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/index.html

I would also suggest you read about the mailing lists on the
http://www.freebsd.org web site to know which you should use and how
to ask questions.

Good luck,

ed